Friday, July 29, 2011

Hospital Stay....

Here is my hospital stay update so far...
   Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat and runny nose. I figured I caught a cold. I had my aunt take Adalyn that evening so I could try and sleep it off. Well it seemed as Christian woke up for everything that night and I got no sleep till the next morning.
   Thursday I woke up with a sore throat, runny nose and a cough. I felt better but still sick. Everytime I got up to do something I would have to stop and catch my breathe, then I got the chills. When I got the chills I checked my temperature and it was 102 degrees. I checked Christian's temperature and he was a little below normal. I called my aunt to take me to the hospital. So they took tons of blood, checked my tonsils, did a strep test, those all came back alright. They ran an xray to check for pneumonia and that was clear. The doctor said with just having a baby I can be at risk for blood clots and it would be wise to have a CAT scan, so I agreed. The first run with the CAT scan didnt go well my pulmonary artery popped when the contrast entered my arm. So we had to do it again and the results showed a blood clot in my left lower lung.... They think we caught it soon enough to where it wont travel or multiply. They had me admitted me and started me on blood thinners. I am on a shot and a pill for the blood clot.
Friday I got an ultrasound on my heart and legs. I am still waiting on those results but I pray they are good. I should be able to go home tomorrow or Sunday. I am ready to pull my IV out of my arm its not in the right place when you are trying to hold a baby. I have to pump and discard my breast milk for five days and it sucks because I am pumping so much.... I will have to be on the blood thinner pill for a least three months. Christian isnt doing to great with the quick switch to the bottle he has been acting different. Luckily I had enough milk stored for one day and when he wakes up it will be his first try at formula. I had to borrow a breast pump from labor and delivery and they are asking for it back but its working amazing for me. The nurses have been super nice and helpful with accomdating my son. I dont have anywhere else to have him stay he is too young and I dont really trust anyone enough to keep him. A special person came up today and brought me my favorite thing a APPLE PIE, she knew I love it!!! Shes so sweet and loves the kids... I will keep the updates coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment